Need Opinion On Electrical Problem

lexus082

I have checked all the fuses and they are all good. The symptoms are the cigarette lighter and the climate control doesn't work. I noticed the previous owner spliced into two wires from the climate control wire harness and grounded them. What would be damaged if those wires that he grounded caused a short circuit? Could it possibly blow the climate control switch and is there any way to test the switch to make sure it is working properly? The other thing that I believe isn't working is the shift plate trim (that surrounds the shifter) doesn't light up. Hopefully someone knows what possible things could be causing this failure. Again all fuses are good and I know for a fact the climate control unit itself is working properly (tested in another car). Thanks in advance for any help.

I have checked all the fuses and they are all good. The symptoms are the cigarette lighter and the climate control doesn't work.  I noticed the previous owner spliced into two wires from the climate control wire harness and grounded them.  What would be damaged if those wires that he grounded caused a short circuit?  Could it possibly blow the climate control switch and is there any way to test the switch to make sure it is working properly?  The other thing that I believe isn't working is the shift plate trim (that surrounds the shifter) doesn't light up.  Hopefully someone knows what possible things could be causing this failure.  Again all fuses are good and I know for a fact the climate control unit itself is working properly (tested in another car).  Thanks in advance for any help.

Nevermind I fixed it, must of been a dirty connection where the fuse goes.