Es250 Fan Blower Switch

hjp109

Hi All,

I have a problem with my A/C and Heater Fan Blower switch for my 1990 Lexus Es250. Damn thing works in the 3rd and the 4th speed, but not in the 1st and 2nd speed. So it's either no blower fan or High Speed Blower Fan.

Any Ideas? I even replaced the switch... and the new switch does the same thing... so the problem is not in the switch... I think there is something else???

Help!

Hi All,

I have a problem with my A/C and Heater Fan Blower switch for my 1990 Lexus Es250.  Damn thing works in the 3rd and the 4th speed, but not in the 1st and 2nd speed.  So it's either no blower fan or High Speed Blower Fan.

Any Ideas?  I even replaced the switch... and the new switch does the same thing... so the problem is not in the switch... I think there is something else???

Help!

heh, mine does the same thing, and i was gonna replace the switch, but since you said something, im no longer going to do that.

i think it blows a resistor in there somewhere. common problem in many cars. i would giess the dealer could doit for a hundred dollars or so...

• 8 years later...

Just realized how old this post is, but for all who are wondering (in case you haven't figured it out) the problem is the resistor. If you take the blower motor out, a 15 minute job, and behind that is the resistor, about 2 inches long and an inch wide. Most parts houses have them for $50 but I've found them online for close to $20. Hope this helps!