Hi! New To Site

Hello everyone, I Just bought a 1992 sc400 with 193000 miles on it. You wouldnt know from driving it though, and the interior, exterior and engine bay are almost immaculate. Oh, and i stole it for 5200! :ph34r:

Since buying this car my mind has been reeling with ideas about modifying this engine but i dont really know too much about the v8 because I originally planned on getting an sc300. So I have a few questions:

Can you swap heads with the vvti heads that come in the newer scs?

I noticed that the auto transmission is pretty gutless. Anyone here using a higher stall torque converter? If so how well does it work?

Any turbo kits available or do I have to piece one together?

Ive seen intakes and exhaust systems for the v8 but no aftermarket headers. Do any exist?

What aftermarket parts are you using and would you reccomend them?

Thats all for now, im sure ill have more questions soon. I look foreward to learning from all of you about this excellent piece of machinery. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone, I Just bought a 1992 sc400 with 193000 miles on it. You wouldnt know from driving it though, and the interior, exterior and engine bay are almost immaculate. Oh, and i stole it for 5200! :ph34r:

Since buying this car my mind has been reeling with ideas about modifying this engine but i dont really know too much about the v8 because I originally planned on getting an sc300. So I have a few questions:

Can you swap heads with the vvti heads that come in the newer scs?

I noticed that the auto transmission is pretty gutless. Anyone here using a higher stall torque converter? If so how well does it work?

Any turbo kits available or do I have to piece one together?

Ive seen intakes and exhaust systems for the v8 but no aftermarket headers. Do any exist?

What aftermarket parts are you using and would you reccomend them?

Thats all for now, im sure ill have more questions soon. I look foreward to learning from all of you about this excellent piece of machinery. ;)

1. Not without a standalone or vvt-i ecu.

2. There isn't anyone here yet with a tc. There are plenty of people who have done it though. MRSypher in the GS forums has one, you could ask him if you have specific questions. They are definitely worth it.

3. Turbo kits. Not really. There are a couple custom turbo set-ups one offs. SRT has a prototype. Not sure about production. A guy in California turboed his LS400 with a custom single turbo, and there was another one off twin turbo somewhere. It is expensive but not impossible. One though is that with custom manifolds a newer mustang TT kit could be customized to work with a 400.

4. Again, not production scale. Some of the australians might have some. Not sure though. Could get custom. But it is hard to improve on the factory pieces without a turbo.

5. OK, check out peter scott's link in the faq. Check out all of the links actually. That will give you a good idea of where and how to look.