Problem During Starting My 91 Ls400

Zdeno

Hi Guy, I´d like to ask if somebody has any idea about my problem. 1991 LS400 178K. Yesterday when I started my car in the morning I couldn´t believe. First 10 second after start car was shaking and blowed big cloud of smog. After couple second engine started to be ok and worked good. I stoped the engine and tried to start again and it was much better but still shaking. Third start was OK. Then I tried to start the car after couple miles and no problem at all. But today morning it was same shaking and blowing cloud of smog from exhaust for first 5 - 10 second. It does only when the can is cold a havent been driven for a while or over night. So something stifle the engine during the starting. I have one idea what it can be but I it´s not. Drops of water during start ? But it does only when the car is cold. I still believe that the cars like this doesn´t know problem with head gasket but ...... I´ll appreciate any af your advice ! Thank you very much guys !!

I just found this by MIG25 - White smoke when start up could be a sign of Power Steering being sucked in to the intake due to a bad pressure valve by the power steering Pump ( back bottom ) I have the same slowness at early start up. have not yet replaced the wire set. I fix the smoke problem by fixing the valve

MIG25 could you tell me something more about this ? Thank you

Zdeno - I sympathise with you over the problems you are experiencing. However, I find it very amusing that you appear to be answering your own questions.

If you have known of a power steering pump issue, why didn't you get it fixed immediately. After only one day on this board, I understood that the power steering pump problems can lead to significantly costlier repairs if not attended to immediately.

It appears that you have been neglecting your LS of necessary repairs.

I'm sorry that I cannot tell you what specifically is the problem with your car, but my advice to you is to take the car to a mechanic to be checked out immediately, before your problem goes from bad to worse.

Hopefully someone else may chip in with a specific fix for your problem.