Decided To Buy Car

ROBERT THOMASON

I am looking at purchasing a 94 LS400. I am familiar with the Lexus cars, because my parents own a 94 LS400. This car is in great shape inside and out. It is white with tan leather. The BIG problem with the car is that it has a SALVAGE title.

The car was bought in 1998 buy a guy that fixed it and his wife has driven it ever since. The car has been garaged kept. I am currently seeking more info on the maintance of the car (timming belt change,etc ) The car is in almost near new looking condition. The only things I see so far that is anything that would take away from the car is the hood shocks are bad and the leather is starting to show some wear.

I can get the car for $6500.00 and it has 136k miles on it. I am just wondering if this is a pretty good deal with a car with a salvage title? Also was there a "Anniversary Edition" Model in that year because this has floor mats that say that. Thanks for the help. Robert

Other basic things the car has:

Anniversary Edition

Opel White Pearl paint

Tan leather

Upgraded mats

CD Changer

Michelin tires

Built in phone

UPDATE ON CAR:

I decided to buy the car, even with the salvage history. I ended up paying $6000.00 for the car. The car seems to have no problems and looks almost new. The seats were pretty dirty but I cleaned them and they look as good as new.

SEAT CLEANING:

I cleaned the seats with Greased Lightning and a soft brush and whiped dry. After that I used a Mr. Clean "Magic Eraser" and water to finish the job. I do not reccommend this method for every one. If you are not carful you will spot your leather. If you do it you have to spray it on and scrub it untill you get a even clean. Overspary on other parts of your seat will spot. So be careful. But if you have trIed everything and cant get your seats clean this will work. My seats look almost new except for some wear spots.

After doing this and they dry real good I reccomend using a good conditioner because this stuff is pretty harsh. You will also notice a little color come off on your rags. Even with that I cant see a difference, other than they look like new.

Robert