posts that do not belong in the

Larry

skperformance-- I am quite confused as to how to get around it this lexus club site. I am interested in buying the run flat set of tire for my sc 430. How do I get in contact w/ you ? My address is lkussmaul@juno.com

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
So far it's been great. Now I want to use some of the money I saved and load it up even more with remote start and a dvd player. Would appreciate any advice from anyone. Any remote start brands to recommend? Is the 30k ($600) maint service from the dealer worth it?

think twice about the remote start. The key has a chip in it, so that will have to be placed in the car at all times. Many places will take a valet key and cut off the key stem and hide the chipped part in the car to aid in the starting procedure. If you do go for it, have it professionally done and make sure you get a complete work warranty incase they screw anything up while wiring it in. Personally I would skip this aftermarket option.

DVD players, sorry again, have it professionally done.

$600 for the 30k is inline with most Lexus dealers. Call around to the Toyota dealerships in your area, they will be cheaper for the same service. 30k is all fluid replacements. If you are good with a wrench, the oil & filter are easy. I posted a tranny fluid drain and fill thread in the workshop forum. You could save some money by doing these yourself. The only other fluids to replace are brake fluid flush, power steering fluid flush and coolant fluid flush. Have the dealer do these three. Rotation of tires, air filter, cabin filter are the easiest of all and can be done my you in your driveway, too.

good luck.

steviej