2024 ES 350 Ambient Lighting

I recently purchased a 2024 ES 350 Ultra Luxury. The ambient lighting has never come on. I contacted the dealership and got the runaround. No one there seems to understand this simple issue. All other interior lighting is working including the dashboard lights. If I go to Settings, there is no Vehicle Customize or Illumination options.  Anyone know how to get the ambient lighting to work on this particular model?

You may be expecting more than it actually is. 

It has to be very dark inside (think sitting in your garage at night kind of dark) before you can really see it. 

It’s so subtle, I stopped noticing it almost immediately after buying the car.  

In ‘99, first of this Gen, there is only a simple thin line (less than 1/4” tall) of very faint white-ish glow along a trim line on the top 1/3 of each door. 

There are also two strips along the dashboard; a short piece on the left between the instrument cluster and driver’s door/speaker and a longer strip on the right from screen edge to the passenger’s door/speaker. 

Give it another chance in dark conditions. 

And it’s a shame we can’t adjust its brightness or color. I tried too. That’d be fun. 

Ryan, thanks for the comments. Yes, I've driven at night. Also sat in the car while in a dark garage. I'm getting zero lighting, not even a faint glow. Nada. I may have Service look at it next time I have it in.

On 9/7/2024 at 11:08 AM, KevinLee said:

Ryan, thanks for the comments. Yes, I've driven at night. Also sat in the car while in a dark garage. I'm getting zero lighting, not even a faint glow. Nada. I may have Service look at it next time I have it in.

Please let me know how it works out.  Maybe there's a way to defeat it that we're not aware of.

If it turns out that there are any customization options for it, I'd like to know too.  :smile:

Thanks!