Hack to enable and disable regenerative braking at will?

I'm ready to upgrade from my 2015 Prius IV and am interested in the NX 350h but am turned off by the driving experience of 'always-on' regenerative braking. I think having to continuously work the accelerator pedal in circumstances when coasting could do the job with no effort is ridiculous. Plus, the added footwork prevents me from relaxing while driving. Just my opinion. (And it doesn't help that I have an arthritic-like medical condition.) My older Prius, the new Prius, and even the latest Lexus UX 300h have a "B" gear which allows control over regenerative braking at the flip of a finger tip. I'm told there's no way to do it for the NX 350h. Has anyone toyed with the idea of putting an inline interrupter switch for activation of regenerative braking? How much of a can of worms could it become? Would a slew of code be impacted resulting in error messages or could it be as simple as rewiring? I don't care if a modification voids warranty as long as it functions.