1999 G3 Transmission Trouble

I have a 99 G3 and I am curious to know if anyone has experienced the same sounds that I have. I heard a clunk sound when i release the accelerator one morning just after getting on the highway. I haven't had any major problem with my Lex, but I want to know if this may mean the start of a problem. Also I was wonder if anyone had experienced a slight jerk when the transmission upshifts at very slow speed. It seem to only occur when it is going from 1st to 2nd. I am curious to nkow if this is normal or if i need to take immediate action.

Thanks in advance for your help!

G3 Lover Silent 21 :cheers::cheers:

If the issues you mention are only happening when the engine is cold, it is most likely normal. The car will shift differently when the engine/transmission have not reached normal operating temperature. This is by design. If shifting is normal after a few minutes drive, I wouldn't worry. It is a good idea to check the fluid though.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a 99 G3 and I am curious to know if anyone has experienced the same sounds that I have.  I heard a clunk sound when i release the accelerator one morning just after getting on the highway.  I haven't had any major problem with my Lex, but I want to know if this may mean the start of a problem.  Also I was wonder if anyone had experienced a slight jerk when the transmission upshifts at very slow speed.  It seem to only occur when it is going from 1st to 2nd.  I am curious to nkow if this is normal or if i need to take immediate action. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

G3 Lover Silent 21 :cheers:  :cheers: