My First Post!

LEXU$

Hello Gentlemen!

I am a previous 1994 Acura Legend driver, 20 year-old college student, and I am looking for another car. I totally love the IS styling but they seem a little to small from what I am used to. What do you all think about a decision to purchase an IS?

I am looking for a slightly used IS...2001, 2002...the Acura was an automatic, I am thinking about the 5-Speed.

Also, What is there to know about the options available for the last few years? What makes each year a little different?

I'd appreciate any input. Thanks!!

Welcome to the club.

As for your search for the IS, get the best of both worlds. Find one with the

e-shift. you can use it as and automatic or click the lever for rapid shifting in the gears (like a manual without the clutch).

Ask lots of quesitons, but please use the search funciton first as your question has most likely already been asked and answered.

You are also in the New England, keep an eye on the CLub Event and Meetings Forum as we try to have several Lexus Meets thoughout the spring and summer.

Lastly, since you are in CT (the neutral zone as I call it), tell me you are a Red Sox fan and not one for the pinstipes. Don't worry, it has no berring on how I will respond to any question you ask. :whistles:

steviej

SOX! but I'd rather see the Yankees lose than the Red Sox win. :) Sorry all you Yanks fans B)

I should be going to the local dealership this weekend, to ask questions and maybe drive the IS and GS. I'm sure i'll have plenty to talk about on the forum afterwards.

Quick question:

How do IS drivers consider the small size of the cabin? The back seat seems awfully tight....this really concerns me because I plan on gettin a car full together to go out regularly on the weekends....

the main reason why I didn't get the IS was my size. My shoulders would be bumping the passenger and the window. Not enough cross room for me.

The GS was just too much money and I wanted new.

Trade off is the ES is limited to the number of mods possible, unlike the IS or the GS.

steviej

Quick question:

How do IS drivers consider the small size of the cabin?  The back seat seems awfully tight....this really concerns me because I plan on gettin a car full together to go out regularly on the weekends....

I'm a tall guy and when I had my IS I fit fine. It was smaller since it is about 67" wide to the Legend 69 and GS 70 inches wide. The IS is the safest car in its class though.

I notice RWD cars have more room in front than FWD since FWD has eveyrhting out front. The ES is a great size.

The IS will be VERY different than the Legend. The Legend is a great car but a ES 300 competitior.