Snow Tires And Suspension

daisy_cutter

I run Bridgestone Blizzaks during the winter months. I usually have them installed around Thanksgiving. As the temperature drops, the tires hit the wheel well shrouds over bumps until the suspension "warms up." After the warm-up process is complete, I can still hear the sound of spring/strut compression/expansion over uneven surfaces. My dealer assures me my struts are fine and can't find anything wrong with my front-end. If anyone has experienced this and found a solution, please let me know. I bought the car CPO in 1997 with 16K miles.

1994 LS-400; 107K miles

have you compared the all season rims & wheels to the blizzaks for height & width, etc...?

A usual check of the struts is to:

lean directly over the tire/ wheel area with arms set on top of fender. Push down HARD and let go... See how well the struts "pop up" back into position. It should be just a slight "bounce" and then into positon quickly - no 'squishy or extended bounces" - a sign of worn struts/shocks.....