1997 Es300

brklynboy168

Hi guys ,

My 1997 ES300 is still running good , after more than 105000 miles . mostly I drive to work everyday , round trips 30 miles a day , on highways mile. The only thing bothers me is both the ENGINE light and the Track off light are on all the time. I asked some auto mechanics , they said it is ok . Is it true? Also I still not change the timing belt yet , is it time to change now?

Please help me .

Thanks all

You should strongly consider bringing your car in for a t-belt change ASAP. Timing belts are relatively replaced every 90K miles.

When the TRAC OFF and CEL lights are on at the same time, it usually means that the car is running in safety mode. Kinda like how Windows OS operates in "Safe Mode", the car limits its enhanced capabilities when under operation. You must bring your car in to read out the nature of the error codes and see what can be done to be fixed. Autozone can read error codes for free, or any Lexus dealership will do (costs about $85 to diagnose the errors).