Climate Control Not Working Properly

iamfiredup

A weird thing just started happening with my climate control in my 1994 LS 400. Even though I have my A/C on and it is set on inside air, it will only blow cold when the temperature is set to MAX COLD. If I bump it up off of MAX COLD to like 65, it blows HOT!!!

Can anyone point me on the right direction to fix this?

Brenden

• 2 weeks later...

Well for those of you who care, here is what I found out.

I had some free time the other day so I ventured down to my local Lexus dealer to see if they could quote me for repair on this issue. The service manager called out what he called 'his top guy' for me to bounce my question off of. When his guy came out, immediately he wanted to take a look at my vehicle. After quick inspection, he asked if he could quickly take it in the shop. I agreed to his request. Just after 5 minutes, the guy was back with my car and it was all fixed gratis! Apparently, there is a wire or tube (not sure which) which goes to a little vent looking device just to the bottom left of the steering wheel that was detached (probably by the cheepo mechanic who fixed my instrument cluster issue) He quickly reattached it and all was good. According to the service manager, this dealership has one of the highest CSI's in North America. Whether that is true or not, they just one my business.

Brenden

Well for those of you who care, here is what I found out.

I had some free time the other day so I ventured down to my local Lexus dealer to see if they could quote me for repair on this issue.  The service manager called out what he called 'his top guy' for me to bounce my question off of.  When his guy came out, immediately he wanted to take a look at my vehicle.  After quick inspection, he asked if he could quickly take it in the shop.  I agreed to his request.  Just after 5 minutes, the guy was back with my car and it was all fixed gratis!  Apparently, there is a wire or tube (not sure which) which goes to a little vent looking device just to the bottom left of the steering wheel that was detached (probably by the cheepo mechanic who fixed my instrument cluster issue)  He quickly reattached it and all was good.  According to the service manager, this dealership has one of the highest CSI's in North America.  Whether that is true or not, they just one my business.

Brenden

This is good information. I'm experiencing this problem on my SC, and if you know where the tube is sticking out of on the Steering Column it would be nice.

Again thanks for inputting the information.

It's not actually in the steering column, at least not on my LS. If you look at the right side of the steering column where it meets the dash, look a little more to the right then down a few inches, there is what looks like a mini air vent. On the opposite side of that 'mini air vent' is where the connection is made, so you might need to yank the lower part of your dash to get to it...presuming it is in the same location.

I hope that is helpful!

Brenden