Intermittent Starting Problems Sc400

glove007

I have 1992 sc400 and from time to time when trying to start the car, the rpms goes up to 2k and drops off until the car dies. As a result, the car will not crank until several attempts have been made. As of late, I found out that putting it in neutral after (it dies the first time) and then restarting it, will make the car start on the first attempt. I have changed the following parts: ecm, fuel pump, cold-start injector, coils, efi relay, and maf sensor. But alas, no success!!

There are no mods done to this car, with the exception of an aftermarket stereo system. Anyone out there please help, I'm open to any suggestions [/color]

My 92 SC300 acted in a similar manner. Did you check the fuel pump ecu? I bypassed it and the problem is gone. Be advised, however, that alot of fuel seems to be used up due to a hard cold start without the ecu. However, can always look in a salvage yard for another fuel pump ecu.