Homelink Failing On My '02 Is300

dink23

I have been having some issues with my Homelink system. I program button one for my garage and it works fine for weeks and then it won't open my garage door at all and I have to reprogram it. However now I can't get the lights to flash at all. they just stay steady when I try to program the remote. I have even tried resetting the homelink by holding down the 2 outside buttons, but I cannot get them to flash. No matter what I do, the light only stays constant. I have tried holding the buttons down for minutes at a time and the light will not flash. My first question is that does anyone know a workaround and my second question is why does my homelink system continue to forget it's program (when I can get it to program. I am no newbie to the Homelink system. My last car had it and I never had to reprogram it, plus I also have an RX330 and it programs like a charm. I just can't get my IS300's lights to flash. Any advice would be great.

here is a thought

maybe check the fuse, it may be loose. All you need is a disrupt in the current and it might be losing the homelink memory. Find the fuse and see if that is loose. My homelink is hooked through the DOME fuse (#34). I won't see any disrupt while driving because this fuse controls all the courtesy lights which are off when the car is in motion.

steviej