Seat Settings - 2001 Rx300

dbeining

My wife just bought a gorgeous 2001 RX300 that I'm loving--the driving, the looking, the playing with features. (All the while I drive a 1987 Ford Ranger...)

One thing I can't figure out and can't find in the manual: Programmed seat settings. I've tried various combinations of the "set" and "1" or "2" buttons, but I can't get the driver's seat to move to any configuration.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

david

Are you still having the problem with your seat settings, i have done what is recommended by devergilio to use SET and 1 or 2 at the same time by puting the key in ON position n in gear in Park, but i do not hear the beep, how to figure what is wrong with it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

PlanetLexus

Thanks for the advice, devergilio. This weekend I got the seat setting to beep--it was a matter of the car being in park. (I'm learning how sophisticated the Lexus' safety systems are--much is disabled when the car might be/is moving.) I didn't however, get to test the setting. I did all the driving...

PlanetLexus, perhaps you should try with the engine running and in park. That's the combination that got me a beep when holding down 'set' and '2' concurrently.

I'll write again if I learn more--or need more help.

Thanks. It's so cool to have a vehicle worth writing about...

david