Side Curtain Air Bags

Hi:

Noob here. Went from a BMW 540/6 to a Ford Cobra (cheap fun!) and now it's back to something more practical. Can someone tell me what year the side curtain air bags were introduced on the 400/430? We just had a baby, so now we pay attention to features we didn't really worry about before.

Pete

Front side-curtain airbags were introduced this year, for 2004. All GS300/400/430 from 1998 and up have front seat mounted airbags. Furthuremore, if your baby is properly restrained in a child seat, the side airbags will not provide additional protection for him/her. There is more info here at the NHTSA.

Actually, I was a bit confused on this. Our trusty friend, Edmunds.com says this:

2004 GS430 - Head Airbag (Side Curtain) Standard

2003 GS430 - Head Airbag (Side Curtain) Not Available

Now, I suppose this could be a typo on Edmunds part.....I did read the same page you mentioned before my post, must have been half asleep :wacko:. It does in fact state on the page you mentioned that side curtain airbags were available on the 430 from 2001.