Rx 330 Transmission

Jetstream

Eugene, Or.

Been following posts on RX 330 trans. problems. Ours has 18,000 mostly road miles, and has been a minor annoyance. Had a RX330 service loaner with 5,000 miles, and wife and I declared; "this car is like a different make." Shifted perfectly, smooth, a joy to drive.

Spoke to Service Mgr. (good friend), and he said the new one had "the fix" from the factory and that it could be done to ours.

In automotive terms, he said, "We suck the old brains out of the car, and replace them with new brains." My wife asked, "Can you do that to him also?"

Anyway, now I know how perfect one can be, and will use this as a benchmark for my future venture into "fix land."

Will let you know.

Meantime, any "new" reports, please let me know.

Please keep us posted if you have trans "fix." I have experienced a couple of times with my RX330 a slugish acceleration. I have been debating myself about getting the new ECU on the transmission changed. I've also driven the RX330 Loaner, and somehow did get a better acceleration and smoother change.