Drivers Door On 1991 Ls400

jumphi4

Cannot open drivers front door on 1991 LS 400. Alarm light will go on when key is turned and off again the other direction. Other doors work fine, except drivers. Used passenger door to lock vehicle last time...any suggestions.

I've called my mechanic, he said I would have to bring it to a body shop. so they can cut a hole. I asked him if they could use a "slim jim" to open the door so the door panel could be taken off. He said the lock is covered inside the door. Any help

• 2 months later...
Cannot open drivers front door on 1991 LS 400.  Alarm light will go on when key is turned and off again the other direction.  Other doors work fine, except drivers.  Used passenger door to lock vehicle last time...any suggestions.

Did you ever get this problem fixed? I have the same problem now and I don't know how to get the door open.

Cannot open drivers front door on 1991 LS 400.  Alarm light will go on when key is turned and off again the other direction.  Other doors work fine, except drivers.  Used passenger door to lock vehicle last time...any suggestions.

Did you ever get this problem fixed? I have the same problem now and I don't know how to get the door open.

Had the problem a couple years ago. Worked for an auto auction at the time. They had a locksmith open the door. Then lever etc. needed replacing. Bet the drivers doors is used most of the time huh? They wearout first.