Rx300 Cd Player/changer

lexrocks

... a proud owner of 2000 RX300. The vehicle has "Premium Sound" which I understand is NOT "Nakamuchi Sound". There is only a cassatte player and no CD player/changer.

Can someone help me with my options to put in (even single-disk) a CD player?

I have contacted a few Lexus dealers in the area and they do not have anything solution other than aftermaket options.

Lexus stereos can only control Lexus CD changers. Your only solution is going into aftermarket stereo, which I do not recommend. Lexus stereos are the best factory car stereo on the market these days and they worth much more than aftermarket stereos.

Contact member PIONEERSUBY. He has helped many Lexus owners converting their non-CD changer capable stereos into CD changer capable stereo system without having to go into aftermarket.

... a proud owner of 2000 RX300. The vehicle has "Premium Sound" which I understand is NOT "Nakamuchi Sound". There is only a cassatte player and no CD player/changer.

Can someone help me with my options to put in (even single-disk) a CD player?

I have contacted a few Lexus dealers in the area and they do not have anything solution other than aftermaket options.

Try a member called pioneersuby. Gus Mancy. I have a 94 GS300. With his help I installed the factory Nakamichi 6-disc CD and upgrades from the factory plain-jane Toyota Cassette Stereo. The Dealer also told me that they could not help. Look him up in the electronics section or send me an e-mail at tobibn@msn.com and I will forward his e-mail to you.

John Winslow :rolleyes: