Nav Question

HI IM NEW HERE JUST WONDERING I WOULD LIKE TO PUT A NAV SYSTEM IN MY 1999 RX 300 CAN I HOOK IT DIRECT INTO THE COMMAND CENTER SCREEN OR DO I NEED TO CHANGE ANYTHING

THANKS FOR ANY INFO ;) :huh:

hello is this thing on testing testing 123 testing

the multi function command center screen is not a nav screen dispite everyone calling them that even salvage yards. the nav unit didnt come out untill 2001 so only 3 % of rx300 have factory nav. 2001 rx300 and up are prewired for nav but not 99 . so you would need whole new nav wiring harness in addition to the nav screen , the gps antenna and the nav dvd computer. its been done on a 99 but it took a lot of wiring harness work. plan on 3500.00 for all the working used parts to make it work. the dealer list price for new is over 10,000.00 but i am sure they dont even have them in stock new but only refurbished so the list price is kind of hokey because a dealer couldnt get you a new one even if you wanted it. . i see the dealers asking 3 to 4000.00 more for a used 2001 up rx300 with nav versus comparably equipeed without so thats the real value not 10,000.00 . so if you could get the rx300 nav system parts and installed for 3000.00 then at least you could get your money back if you had to sell it the next few years by increased resale value.