Question - Air Conditioning Temperature Controls

I have a 92 SC 400. Is there a way to calibrate the air conditioning temperature controls? When in either auto or manual mode the temperature set point is very high compared to the temperature in the car. Basically I have the set point in the 78 to 80 range in the heat of summer or the air conditioning freezes you out of the car.

Kitsap

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Prattblue Writes:

"I have a93 SC 400. I have to keep the temp set on 75/76 to keep from

freezing. Is there a program to set the temps?"

It's kind of normal. For some of you guys it sounds like a faulty Temp reader. Try turning off the A/C and increase the temp inside the cabin in AUTO mode. If hot air isn't blowing out from the vents, it's possible you may need a new temp sensor.

Let us know what you guys are experiencing.

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem with my '92 SC400 I can turn up the temp to "HOT" yet the A/C seems to continue to run. I can't any heat.

Is this common ?

I have a 92 SC400 and had this problem. Turned out the valve which opens to let hot water flow into the heat exchanger to heat the heater was bad and had to be replaced. I think it was about a $200 fix at a friend's shop...not the Lexus dealer.