How To Fix Angled Seatback?

GRAND_LS 4

Well over the course of many miles on my LS, i have noticed that the seatback is angled where my right shoulder sits. didn’t really notice it badly until my littel brother told me about it, then pushed the seat with his hand while he was in the back.

Its angled toward the back, thus sacrificing up much back support. I think it’s from leaning towards the center console to rest my arm, and the way the accelerator is, it makes you apply more pressure to that right side of the seat.

So my question is, are there any bolts that I can fasten, or tighten to help this resolve this problem to make the seat comfortable again? Or on the other hand, is the complete seat frame bent?

its not really noticeable by looking at it from the front, just causes a lot of irritation when driving in the city with stop and go traffic.

IN ADDITION, I noticed a SLIGHT shift in the seat when breaking or accelerating significantly, especially on a turn, and cannot find which bolt to fasten to resolve that issue.

Anyone else experience something like this? Maybe you should check your seat after all these years.

Thanks for your help

What has happened is the rod that connects one side of the seat back to the other side has slipped off the spline a little. You have to take off the map pouch on the seatback and find the shaft that connects the two sides. Take some pliers and turn the low side spline until the seat is straight. Or tilt the seat with the control 'til it's straight. If the sides move together with the control, the shaft is back in position , and you'll have to slide it one way or the other 'til it's independent, then align the seat, slide the shaft back 'til it's engaged, then put a wire-tie on the other end to keep it from sliding back out.