Where To Find 1993 Ls400 Rear Upper Control Arms And/or Ball Joints?

Just joined. I already saw some threads that talk about the difficulty of finding

Rear upper control arms or ball joints but never found a solution besides $500 dealer parts. Has the solution been found? Please post the link to an aftermarket source. I can not use used because they will be in worn condition.

Thanks

I have not needed to deal with them yet, and if nothing is available, I'll either fix what I have or build some. I don't think any aftermarket parts are available. There are listed here for a cool 400 plus each side.

http://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=797179&ukey_make=1082&ukey_model=15669&modelYear=1993&ukey_category=21754&ukey_trimLevel=19107

If you can find one that will match up they can be pressed out and new one pressed in. Where do you get the new bushings?

If they are like the front its more of a spherical metal to metal type of joint very similar to a ball joint. If it is and rubber is used to replace it then alignment won't stay too well.

I already know about bushings, where to buy them and pressing them out and new ones in,

Every bushing for the old ls500 can be bought from: Jonathan Piha, Armstrong Distributors Inc. 14351 Myford Rd., Ste.1 Tustin, CA 92780 telephone 714 352 4015

www.armstrongdistributors.com

My problem is that even though I can continue to use my original rear upper control arm by pressing a new bushing in it, I can not find where I can order the rear upper ball joint SEPARATELY from the rear upper control arm. And the dealer that sells the combination rear upper control arm integrated with the rear upper ball joint wants $500 dollars for one side!!

1. Does anyone know an aftermarket source for either the rear upper ball joint or the combination rear upper control arm integrated with the rear upper ball joint for a 1993 LS400?

Or 2: is it possible to fix the metallic ball joint? I doubt it but if there is a way then explain how.

Thanks

http://www.moogproblemsolver.com/suspension/ball-joints

When the time comes here is what I will do. Search for a supplier for ball joints and pick out a size that would match of come very close. Then either machine the ball joint or the arm for it to fit.

I suppose they have a complete listing of various sizes some place....