Ls400 1996 Front Suspension Rebuild.

landship

Hi, and thank you in advance for any help you all can provide. Yesterday had a mechanic rebuild most of the front suspension on 96 ls400. New rack, lower ball joints, upper control arms, tie rod ends, sway bar links, motor mounts, trans mount. Prior to this work, no "lights" on the dash. After the work have trac light flashing with no ability to turn on/off with the trac button, and the abs light is now on.

This mechanic is a straight R&R mobile mechanic. Does good work if you do not go over his capabilities. Price is his strong point. $400.- to have all that work done.

Went to brake check to have the car aligned. Asked them to see if they could clear the code. According to them the test connection was rejecting them...???

I replaced the ecm in January of this year, had the engine light. Everything worked fine, abs trac ect, all fully operational.

What could have been damaged or disturbed during this work? Already tried reboot, disconnect batt.

Drives fine, much better than before, but now has a faint whining, squeeling that is directly related to the speed you are going. Very audible at low speeds.

Hope you all can point me in a right direction.

Welcome to the forum, Timothy.

Right off hand, I would suspect that the mechanic did not reconnect the ABS speed sensor or damaged the wiring while replacing suspension components. Could be a loose part that is rubbing on a rotor and that is what you are hearing. All speculation on my part but I would pull the wheels and have a close look.