Should I Buy.

Hi I'm new to the site and was just hoping someone could help me. I'm very interested in buying a 1994 SC400 with 100,500 mi on it. The price for the car is $4000 which I understand for that mileage is very good. The only thing I fear is that the timing belt has not been changed yet and I hear you should around that mileage. I wouldn't have the money for timing belt for about 2 or 3 months and the vehicle will be my daily driver. How risky would it be to buy the car without changing it for that amount of time. Other than that the car is pretty flawless besides mine or cosmetics.

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...

Looks absolutely immaculate! Get it, that's a good deal. If the timing belt does break though, it might bend some valves and ruin the engine...so as soon as you can replace the timing belt, do so. You can also remove the plastic cover and inspect the belt to see any cracks/imperfections and go from there. Also do what tomslyke recommended! GL

• 2 months later...