Bilstein Hd On A '97 Ls400

LEXUSA

Well I finally joined the elite and now own a '97 Coach edition LS400 with 119,000 miles. She is a beauty, dark green, chrome wheelz.

New Firestone FR710 tires aren't supposed to be the greatest but will do for now. I think she needs an alignment but maybe new shocks too. I'd like to alleviate some of the floatyness even though this is part of what the car is all about. I'd like to replace the shocks before any alignment if I replace them at all.

I've searched here some and found Bilstein mentioned some but no real review or comparison. Lowering the car a touch is something I'd like to accomplish but definitely not slammed or HerraFrush. So what say you those who have Bilstein on their 2nd gen LS400? Is there a thread that has covered this already somewhere?

What about alignment specs? I also have a '96 Miata and spend quite a bit of time on Miata.net. The suspension section is actually too full of information, information overload and the myriad of combinations folks have tried. Most any other site I visit for just about any other car is really lacking the indepthness so it's feast or famine. Do you all just get aligned to factory spec and call it a day? Alignment on a Miata is crucial to turn in, stability, twitchyness and tire life. Factory spec is terrible.