Loud Grunting Noise From Dash (Not The Usual Ratting)

Hello, I have a 2000 GS300. When I was driving home from a workout today I noticed the dash was making a loud and disturbing nosie, it seemed to be the car's computer (or whatever the proper term is). It was a loud grunting sound, similar to that of a dog who is getting ready to bark IE "grrrr.... grrrr WOOF WOOF", minus the woof part of course. It isn't the usual minimal ratting noise from the dash that is common among Lexus's, this one was disturbing.

Any suggestions/ideas would be very helpful.

• 11 months later...

Hello, I have a 2000 GS300. When I was driving home from a workout today I noticed the dash was making a loud and disturbing nosie, it seemed to be the car's computer (or whatever the proper term is). It was a loud grunting sound, similar to that of a dog who is getting ready to bark IE "grrrr.... grrrr WOOF WOOF", minus the woof part of course. It isn't the usual minimal ratting noise from the dash that is common among Lexus's, this one was disturbing.

Any suggestions/ideas would be very helpful.

I think I have the same problem in a 2004 GS300 except that the noise in mine goes away after about twenty seconds from when you start the car. Have you figured out exactly what caused your noise?