Yaw Rate Sensor?

Scruffy430

My 1998 LS 400 VCS comes on. I have it reset and it comes on again after about 4 or 5 starts or 10 miles or so. The code says to replace it if it can not be reset. I just am not sure that replaceing it will fix the problem. The sensor is about $350, so its a big deal to me. t Any ideas, if I reset it by disconnecting the battery it will work for 5 starts or so then come on again. Rick

Check/clean connector to the sensor first. Might just be dirty or intermittent. Welcome! :cheers:

Thanks, I will spray contact cleaner on it, However it does not look dirty. I had a flat tire, and left car in park running as I changed it, right rear, it slipped off jack but rr wheel was still on, then drove about 100 miles with spare, slightly bigger, replace original repaired tire and then about 20 miles later the VCS lights came on. The shop said that they checked the voltage to it and it was correct, But I will apply contact cleaner to connection and see. The price of used is about $100 if I can find it and new is over $300. If I disconnect the battery, it will be good for 4 starts and maybe 10 to 30 miles before it comes on again. Thanks for you input. I also have a 2003 SC 430 that I love. Rick