'98 Ls400 Key Fob Trunk Release

TampaLex

Have noticed that my trunk release button from the remote won't open the trunk. Release inside the car works fine. Put new batt in remote...still no dice. The light flashes on the remote when I press the trunk release, but no 'pop' on the trunk.

I'm sure I did something to break it;) Did notice something I had never done b/f recently though. I *think* I hit more than one button on the remote and it opened the windows about 2". Weird. Did I perhaps activate some kind of programming by doing that and maybe disable the trunk release?

Thanks all

Yea definitely holding it down for a few seconds as that has always been my modus operandi.....wow just now realized I am in my 15th year on this thing! Love the Lex. I'm guessing it's in the car as I put my batter in the back up FOB and same result. Thanks though for the tip on windows

This odd operation makes no sense to me unless it is just a bum connection from the radio receiver to wherever it goes. The key fob transmits correctly because the doors do lock/unlock, right. So, it stands to reason that the "trunk open" command is also being transmitted. And probably received fine as well. But somewhere along the line, there has to be a discrete wire or signal (which is "or'd in with the cabin trunk switch) to open the trunk and all indications point to just a bad connection somewhere. I would start by locating the radio receiver and checking the connectors to that unit. Just plug/unplug and wiggle to see if it might start working.