For Sale - Oem Stereo For 2000-2001 Es300

Apologies if this breaks any board protocols - I don't use this site regularly.

I have for sale an OEM Pioneer stereo for a 2000-2001 ES300. I bought it on an LKQ eBay auction to replace the one in my in-laws 98 ES300. While the ad suggested the same radio works for 97-01 this is not true. The 97-99 have one model and the 00-01 have a different model. Their faces look identical except for the wood trim but the connectors and internal components are different and not compatible.

I ended buying just a replacement LCD to repair my in-laws stereo, so now I have this unit sitting in my office and thought someone could use it.

Toyota Part # is 86120-33320. The Pioneer model # is KEX-M8196ZT. It is the am/fm/tape deck with CD changer control.

Overall the unit is in very good cosmetic condition. It has some light scuff marks on the glass of the display, but nothing that would interfere with use. There are some minor marks on the wood face consistent with the unit's age. The LCD is clear - does not display the blacked out window indicating the LCD has failed. The paint on all the buttons is in good condition. I could not test it since all the connectors in the 98 were different. Since my in-laws live out of state the LKQ return period was over before I found out the compatibility issue.

I paid about $80 for the unit. I will entertain offers in that range. Please contact me at charles @ carolina-sound.com (remove the spaces) as I do not use this site regularly. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey gang - at this point I just want this thing off my office floor and hate to throw it out when it has value to someone.

First person to contact me at charles @ carolina-sound . com and offer to pay for shipping & handling ($20) can have it.

Thanks!