2000 Lexus Es300 Check Engine Tac Off Lights. Plzz Help Me

hey guys first id like to say this might be a little long, please read along and give me your best opinion on what i should do.

ill start of by saying that i bought the car 2 months ago. i had check engine light on with trac off light on and thought i could fix it. I had the codes p0171 bank 1 and 2, p0330( knock sensor), and p0330( knock sensor). when i got it, car was driving smoothly but wouldnt shift to overdrive(4th gear) and my gas mileage was horrible. so i fixed the knock sensor at my mechanic a few weeks ago. Now it shifts in 4th gear, so im saving alot of gas but the lights turned 100km after the mechanic fixed it. I went and got the codes checked again, only got 1 code now p0171 bank 1 and 2.

i searched online and it said clean mass airflow sensor,so i cleaned it and it worked pretty good. kept the light off for 200 km, then they came back and cleaned it again and it worked fine for about a week.yesterday though i was driving home and my car was idleing very sluggish i drove for like 10 seconds and the check engine light was FLASHING now( never seen it flash before) and trac off was on too but wasnt flashing .also it wouldnt go past 3000rpm, and when i let go of the gas pedal car decelerates fast. luckly i got home cleaned the Mass airflow again and it works good now. im so confused on what going on, and everytime the lights come on i get stressed out. ive been researching but i cant find a solution to my problem.

so what should i do? have you guys expierenced problems like mine? i was thinking of buying a new MAF sensor, but ive spent over 1000 dolalrs already on this car and i ive only owned it for 2 months. comments are deeply apreciated, thank you

I am not sure if this makes any sense but the air inlet rubber hoses after the MAF could be crack. With this crack hoses will allow more air to enter the TB without the MAF sensor to measure its intake. I found this code on our forums http://us.lexusowner...71&fromsearch=1 I hope this visual check could be of some help. I replaced both AF O2 sensor because of false indication with ECU. Check the Dogbone upper mount, and what correction as stated on the link.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys first id like to say this might be a little long, please read along and give me your best opinion on what i should do.

ill start of by saying that i bought the car 2 months ago. i had check engine light on with trac off light on and thought i could fix it. I had the codes p0171 bank 1 and 2, p0330( knock sensor), and p0330( knock sensor). when i got it, car was driving smoothly but wouldnt shift to overdrive(4th gear) and my gas mileage was horrible. so i fixed the knock sensor at my mechanic a few weeks ago. Now it shifts in 4th gear, so im saving alot of gas but the lights turned 100km after the mechanic fixed it. I went and got the codes checked again, only got 1 code now p0171 bank 1 and 2.

i searched online and it said clean mass airflow sensor,so i cleaned it and it worked pretty good. kept the light off for 200 km, then they came back and cleaned it again and it worked fine for about a week.yesterday though i was driving home and my car was idleing very sluggish i drove for like 10 seconds and the check engine light was FLASHING now( never seen it flash before) and trac off was on too but wasnt flashing .also it wouldnt go past 3000rpm, and when i let go of the gas pedal car decelerates fast. luckly i got home cleaned the Mass airflow again and it works good now. im so confused on what going on, and everytime the lights come on i get stressed out. ive been researching but i cant find a solution to my problem.

so what should i do? have you guys expierenced problems like mine? i was thinking of buying a new MAF sensor, but ive spent over 1000 dolalrs already on this car and i ive only owned it for 2 months. comments are deeply apreciated, thank you

i see. you could make your car run well shortly after the air flow meter sensor is clean. i think you may have to change the MAF sensor. you may find the cheap maf sensor on china website store, but you have to request for genuine MAF sensor.