Diy Fusible Link Box Replacement

So here is the sad story I am about to tell you... I recently finished replacing the water pump on my 07 IS250 AWD Automatic including the V-ribbed belt. After replacing all of the parts and assembling half the car back together (well it seemed that way) I decided to change the battery because it was already almost 6 years old and the winter is starting to get cold, so I thought I would strike before it died on me ( I know there was no reason really to do so but I got a good price on a new battery). Unfortunately, I allowed my younger brother to place the battery for me and he did so by placing the terminals on the wrong ends.

The car currently has some features which are not working such as radio, windows, locks, nav and it will not turn the engine over when the button is pressed and brake petal is depressed, rather it shuts the entire car off. I have checked all 4 fuse boxes coming to the awesome surprise that I needed to replace 8 small fuses ranging between 10, 15, 30 Amps. I have currently also purchased a new battery. I visually inspected the fusible link box which is also burned at the terminal. Therefore I purchased the part and am waiting for delivery by mail (better deal online than dealer) Part # 82620-30170. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to get this box out to swap with the new one once it arrives. I need someones help with a DIY (pictures will be even more helpful) to aid me in removing the old Fusible Link Box and place the new one. Please help!!

PS. I know i got luck since the fusible link burned right by the + terminal before it could even get to any other fuses :P

Thanks

Surge

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have the same problem, I am trying to remove the fuselink and can't figure out how to remove the box around to get to the nuts. If you can shed some light on how you did this that would be great. Thanks.

It is for 2007 is250.