Did Not Pass Smog Test Error Codes Are P0441 P0442 P0446

reech007

Just last week went to get a smog check because my registration required the check and didn’t pass the test. Error codes were

p0441- EVAP Ctrl incorrect purge flow

p0442- Evap Ctrl System Small Leak Detected

p0446 Evap vent control Malfunction

I was hoping to find out if anyone had these error codes together. I also wanted to know if error code p0442 is the cause for the other errors. Would the leak cause the canister or vent control to malfunction?

I scheduled a smoke test that is already going to cost me $200 to figure out where the leak is. Then to fix p0441 and p0446 I am getting the impression that I need some canister to be replaced which the mechanic told me that it will cost $500 for the part without the labor cost. Also the parts can only be bought from the dealer no aftermarket. My budget is really thin and was hoping to get a better understanding of how much everything is going to cost? I understand it is really hard to diagnose the problems because it may be the result of many variables but was wanting know if anyone had these combination of errors all together. Also wanted to include that I bought this vehicle from a Toyota dealership back in 2006 and when I purchase the vehicle it was listed as certified used vehicle. I was hoping to find out if the emission repairs are still covered under warranty? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Just last week went to get a smog check because my registration required the check and didn't pass the test. Error codes were

p0441- EVAP Ctrl incorrect purge flow

p0442- Evap Ctrl System Small Leak Detected

p0446 Evap vent control Malfunction

I was hoping to find out if anyone had these error codes together. I also wanted to know if error code p0442 is the cause for the other errors. Would the leak cause the canister or vent control to malfunction?

I scheduled a smoke test that is already going to cost me $200 to figure out where the leak is. Then to fix p0441 and p0446 I am getting the impression that I need some canister to be replaced which the mechanic told me that it will cost $500 for the part without the labor cost. Also the parts can only be bought from the dealer no aftermarket. My budget is really thin and was hoping to get a better understanding of how much everything is going to cost? I understand it is really hard to diagnose the problems because it may be the result of many variables but was wanting know if anyone had these combination of errors all together. Also wanted to include that I bought this vehicle from a Toyota dealership back in 2006 and when I purchase the vehicle it was listed as certified used vehicle. I was hoping to find out if the emission repairs are still covered under warranty? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have the 0442 error and plan to trace all the tubing down. I was hoping to find an answer here but I guess not. If the canister is cracked (possibility) I plan on gooping it with some plumbers goop from Lowes. Fixes about anything and since the leak has to be a sucking leak, the goop should gix it.