Is 250 Tpms Dual Programming

Hi, I have a 2007 IS 250 AWD. I took it into CanadianTire (I live in Ontario) to install TPMS on snow tires. As I was paying, they told me they had to erase the original TPMS code inorder to put in the new one for the snow tires. They "thought" the system might be self learning when I change back to the original tires in spring.

Anyone have an idea now what happens when I change back to my original tires with the original TPMS ? Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks.. Will

Gawd,...they are clueless! The car can store two sets of TMPS, you have to use the control to the left of the steering wheel below the instrument cluster to select which set to use! The bigger issue is if they erased the original set without writing down the numbers you will have to tear apart the wheels/tires to get them :( Next time try Bullock City in Markham or Aussie Auto in Mississauga before going to CT for your Lexus needs :)

Gawd,...they are clueless! The car can store two sets of TMPS, you have to use the control to the left of the steering wheel below the instrument cluster to select which set to use! The bigger issue is if they erased the original set without writing down the numbers you will have to tear apart the wheels/tires to get them :( Next time try Bullock City in Markham or Aussie Auto in Mississauga before going to CT for your Lexus needs :)

As you said, useless.... had I know.. when I asked them, they said "no problem".. sigh

Yes, I don't think they recorded the original set, I'm hoping they have/will have one of these scanners that can record it w/o tearing the wheels apart... only time will tell.

Thanks for the other locations.. its appreciated...