Lx470 Gear Shift Issue

kaypee

Hi,

I am a Lexus owner from last 11 years. I bought second Lexus ( 2006 - LX470) in 2009.

Last night, I parked my car in the garage, took the keys out and went to collect my mail from the mailbox. While returning to the house, I saw my car a little outside the garage when I went to check what was going on... suddenly the car started rolling back on me... I was fortunate that I didn't get hit but it hit the other car on the street. I fell and hurt myself but I am glad that I didn't run over me. My laptop and other stuff were scattered on the driveway and the road. My neighbor saw it happening and for a moment he thought I went under the car.

I am glad that this was night and no kids were around. I am little shaken by this whole incident. I called the cops to report the incident. Cop told me to get my car checked.

Has anyone else had this issue where the parked car moved from parking to neutral gear? I had issues with the car transmission twice on this car and Lexus had to change my transmission once.

Please advise.