Losing Small Amount Of Coolant Ls400

Valk1520

I recently purchase 93 LS400 with 91,000 miles super clean car and I love it, but I noticed that the coolant tank was a small amount low when I purchased the car.

I topped it off and after about 2000 miles I noticed it is down about the same amount as before filling.

I haven’t' noticed any leaks. I did check the oil and don't see any signs of anti-freeze but then again I don't know if I would

notice anything considering the color of the red fluid that is unseeded in theme’s cars.

I really love this car but this is bumming me out considering I just got it a month ago.

Any help in diagnosing would be great.

Shine a flashlight down under the intake manifold into the valley between the cylinder heads. Look for coolant there. There's a crossover pipe that exits the back of the water pump and travels to the rear of the engine, then into the heater core. It's sealed at the front with just a rubber o-ring that can easily wear and begin leaking. I just replaced mine after a few months of it lightly leaking then finally dumping a gallon on a cold day.

I recently purchase 93 LS400 with 91,000 miles super clean car and I love it, but I noticed that the coolant tank was a small amount low when I purchased the car.

I topped it off and after about 2000 miles I noticed it is down about the same amount as before filling.

I haven’t' noticed any leaks. I did check the oil and don't see any signs of anti-freeze but then again I don't know if I would

notice anything considering the color of the red fluid that is unseeded in theme’s cars.

I really love this car but this is bumming me out considering I just got it a month ago.

Any help in diagnosing would be great.

I have a Lincoln Aviator (big Ford V8) that was losing coolant but I couldn't find the leak. Turned out to be a failed head gasket. I haven't seen many complaints of this type of failure on this Lexus forum but I guess it is something to check. The test to make the final determination was a cylinder leak down test (used instead of a straight compression test). So maybe you should have one of those done to either confirm or rule out that possibility.