Car Won't Start, Theft Detterent?

jayturk99

i have a 1993 LS400 with a recently replaced starter, now I am getting no fuel to coils, plugs, or fuel lines. Put in fuel, lots of pressure when i removed gas cap. Sparkplugs getting no spark, could it possibly be theft deterrent system? Car was recently purchased also and only received one key to vehicle. Can the theft system be bypassed? Any other suggestions are appreciated.

i have a 1993 LS400 with a recently replaced starter, now I am getting no fuel to coils, plugs, or fuel lines. Put in fuel, lots of pressure when i removed gas cap. Sparkplugs getting no spark, could it possibly be theft deterrent system? Car was recently purchased also and only received one key to vehicle. Can the theft system be bypassed? Any other suggestions are appreciated.

jayturk... no need to start a new thread if this is the same issue as before--> http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=61392

Did you check connections as suggested?

I checked all connections, mechanic can't find anything and thinks it's theft detterent. When I took the gas cap off the pressure alerted me to the fuel pump running. But I do not hear anything when I urn the car on. I read about the key and unlocking the doors, did that. Looked for shorted out wire harness in the trunk, nothing, also, read about the spare key not being able to start car. The key is a spare, but it dod start the car before the starter replacement.

geeez what kind of mechanic did you use. He changes starter motor but can't get car running afterwards. Can you go to his boss and complain??? This fun should be reserved for DIYer's not someone who took it to a mechanic.

I just wonder if there is a connector lying unconnected beneath the intake manifold. Or a broken connector/wire in the same area.

It is probably fairly easy to damage some of the wiring when wrestling with the starter.

Hate to even think it, but you might have to take that manifold back off and do a careful visual inspection.

Yeah, He rechecked his connections, minus taking the intake off again. No Fuel to plugs/lines, and no spark to plugs. Can the crank position sensor be checked w/o removing intake? Could it possibly have been damaged during the reassembly? Thanks for all of the input and suggestions.

Yeah, He rechecked his connections, minus taking the intake off again. No Fuel to plugs/lines, and no spark to plugs. Can the crank position sensor be checked w/o removing intake? Could it possibly have been damaged during the reassembly? Thanks for all of the input and suggestions.

Have you checked for codes using this method --> http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/intro/codereading.html