Tires Again

JoAnnHG

HI, AM ALSO NEW HERE AND A NEW OWNER OF '06 SC 430. IT HAD BEEN A LEASE CAR IN MA AND HAD THE PROPER SERVICING BY A DEALER. HOWEVER, IT CAME WITH 225/55R/16 SNOW TIRES. THE RIDE OBVIOUSLY IS NOT GREAT AND AS I LIVE IN MD I DO NOT NEED THESE TIRES. SHOULD I GET THE DEALER-RECOMMENDED 245/40ZR18S? THIS WILL MEAN ALL NEW TIRES AND RIMS, RIGHT? OR CAN I MOVE TO A MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 16"? WHAT WILL THE DIFFERENCE BE IN HANDLING, RIDE, ETC? AND, HOW DO THE 16S AFFECT THE SPEEDOMETER ACCURACY AND TIRE PRESSURE MONITORS? SHOULD I HAVE A DEALER MOUNT THE NEW TIRES? MANY THANKS FOR REPLIES

HI, AM ALSO NEW HERE AND A NEW OWNER OF '06 SC 430. IT HAD BEEN A LEASE CAR IN MA AND HAD THE PROPER SERVICING BY A DEALER. HOWEVER, IT CAME WITH 225/55R/16 SNOW TIRES. THE RIDE OBVIOUSLY IS NOT GREAT AND AS I LIVE IN MD I DO NOT NEED THESE TIRES. SHOULD I GET THE DEALER-RECOMMENDED 245/40ZR18S? THIS WILL MEAN ALL NEW TIRES AND RIMS, RIGHT? OR CAN I MOVE TO A MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 16"? WHAT WILL THE DIFFERENCE BE IN HANDLING, RIDE, ETC? AND, HOW DO THE 16S AFFECT THE SPEEDOMETER ACCURACY AND TIRE PRESSURE MONITORS? SHOULD I HAVE A DEALER MOUNT THE NEW TIRES? MANY THANKS FOR REPLIES

Good afternnon and congrats on your newly acquired SC; Mine is also an '06. I have the stock tire and like most owners realize the ride is less than ideal. I believe you will find the Mich Pilot is the most recommended tire but please research this to be certain. After you have used them a while, pelase let me have your feedback. You can use arthur@alwaters.com if you like.

Good luck!

Good afternnon and congrats on your newly acquired SC; Mine is also an '06. I have the stock tire and like most owners realize the ride is less than ideal. I believe you will find the Mich Pilot is the most recommended tire but please research this to be certain. After you have used them a while, pelase let me have your feedback. You can use arthur@alwaters.com if you like.

Good luck!