Psf Flush Problem

trez_doz

ok, so i have the right tools and the right chemicals to do the flush BUT i have this one road block.

the hose connected to the PSF reservoir is stuck and i cannot pull it out. i think through the years, it hasnt been touched and the rubber i think melted into the PSF reservoir hose port. is there any special tool/ technique that i should use to get this hose out? and roughly how long is the hose port of the PSF? thanks for all the info posted!

ok, so i have the right tools and the right chemicals to do the flush BUT i have this one road block.

the hose connected to the PSF reservoir is stuck and i cannot pull it out. i think through the years, it hasnt been touched and the rubber i think melted into the PSF reservoir hose port. is there any special tool/ technique that i should use to get this hose out? and roughly how long is the hose port of the PSF? thanks for all the info posted!

EXACT same thing happened to my on my '91 w/ ~160k miles. Not only was the inside part of the hose apparently melted onto the metal barb, but the outside of the hose was brittle. When I tried to pull it off, the hose cracked, and was still stuck. Took some major surgery to remove it, completely destroying the hose in the process. I replaced the hose with standard ATF hose I got at Pep Boys for a few $$. The part from Lexus is custom shaped and has a foam sleeve, and cost $100+.

Later (but would have been easier right then), I put a Magnefine filter in-line with the PS return hose right there. A little extra filtering of the PS since this is a known problem area.

http://www.emergingent.com/magnefine/order_page.htm

So if you're sure you're going to go ahead with it, I'd plan on destroying the hose in the process, so have the replacement stuff ready. Also, even when you destroy it, it does not come off easily, so it may be worth it to remove other parts to give yourself easy access.

Good luck with it.