Dashboard Backlight Goes Off

sasha055

Hi,

I have a problem on my 04 RX330.

When I turn on my lights (or they start automatically) my dashboard backlight goes off. If I turn my lights off it's back.

This is annoying since when you need lights (in the night) you cann't see anything on the board.

Did anyone have same problem? Any ideeas what that could be?

Thanks

Sasha

Hi,

I have a problem on my 04 RX330.

When I turn on my lights (or they start automatically) my dashboard backlight goes off. If I turn my lights off it's back.

This is annoying since when you need lights (in the night) you cann't see anything on the board.

Did anyone have same problem? Any ideeas what that could be?

Thanks

Sasha

Do you, by any chance, have the dash light brightness turned way down?

If it would be turned down then when I turn off headlights it wouldn't be lightning up, right..

No. When the brightness is turned all the way down the display is blank when the headlights are on but still lights when headlights are off. This is true for the RX300 and I can only assume your RX330 is the same being that I don't have one.

As someone already mentioned, did you check the dashboard brightness dial. It's down beside the steering wheel, below the instruments on the left hand side. There is the button to move through your Trip A and Trip B screen and a big button dial that you turn to adjust the brightness. This may or may not be the problem, but sometimes the easiest solution is right in front of you.

If it would be turned down then when I turn off headlights it wouldn't be lightning up, right..

No. When the brightness is turned all the way down the display is blank when the headlights are on but still lights when headlights are off. This is true for the RX300 and I can only assume your RX330 is the same being that I don't have one.

Mikey, you are my new hero!

Thank you sir!

Apparently my 2yo son loves to play with those buttons:)