04' - Ride Height, Rear Suspension

jpilk99

Thank you VERY MUCH for your information and patience. I'm going to wait until you get back to me as mentioned. I'm a little leary of bleeding air out or taking out the lines - I think the problem is a sensor and need to test them. Brought my car to a shop and his computer could not connect with the car's computer.

Just to re-state problem: never had any issue with the air suspension. No hissing, or variable ride height on any wheels. Then one day, the rear end is approximately 3" too high, the suspension is stiff as a board and the car bounces around like a superball. Hitting the ride height or suspension buttons inside on the center console does nothing. The fuse is good. Disconnecting battery and removing fuse for 10 minutes, then reconnecting in that order made no change.

Something is telling the car to raise up, inflate those air bladders, to this ridiculous height. Is that the 'failsafe' position? Will it go to 'failsafe' if one of the rear sensors is bad? I'm thinking of taking the sensors out, cleaning them as you say, and hoping for the best. Not really sure how to test them.

Again, any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Jay

• 2 years later...
I could be wrong, but, the rear of my 2004 LS430 seems to be riding higher than before. Also, seems stiff when I hit a bump. The interior controls for ride height at set to "normal". Anybody ever had an issue with this - how resolve?

Thanks,

Jay

Yours is an Ultra, right? To rule out a problem with the ride height I would cycle through the other settings to see if there is any change. When I get home in the morning I will try to remember to measure from the ground up to a given point with my 06 Ultra and let you know for comparison.

I repair height sensor by my own it's easy and cost me 15 $ not 400$ . The most problem is water which go inside rthe sensor First of all you have to open sensor therea are three springs propobaly one of them ore more are rusted. You have to taki it out broken and put it new springs from local elctronics maniacs, magician cost me 2 $ important they have to conduct electricity .Next you can add special copper grease to extend your warantyy to last more than orginal That it my secret Tom and Mirek from Poland ! ( rest 13 $ was for bootle of % to my friend Mirek :)