92 Es300 - Rear Door Bezel Removal

Hello Eh...

I am trying to remove the passenger rear door panel but I can't get the door bezel out. It doesn't just pop out because the door handle shaft has a pivot pin that fits in a hole at the top and bottom of the bezel.

Would appreciate any insight.

Thanks

I think you are referring to the plastic trim piece around the door handle itself. It can be somewhat tricky to remove, as you've discovered. There is a hidden plastic "hook" molded onto the trim piece that goes in behind the door panel. This hook prevents the piece from moving out of position. You need to pry the trim piece out from the panel a little just above the pivot point of the handle by using a small flat head screwdriver (covered with tape to prevent damage to your door) between the top of the trim and the door panel and once the trim piece has popped out a bit, try to slide it sideways so that the "hook" is no longer hooked behind the door panel. Then you can slide the piece right off, over the handle.

I think you are referring to the plastic trim piece around the door handle itself. It can be somewhat tricky to remove, as you've discovered. There is a hidden plastic "hook" molded onto the trim piece that goes in behind the door panel. This hook prevents the piece from moving out of position. You need to pry the trim piece out from the panel a little just above the pivot point of the handle by using a small flat head screwdriver (covered with tape to prevent damage to your door) between the top of the trim and the door panel and once the trim piece has popped out a bit, try to slide it sideways so that the "hook" is no longer hooked behind the door panel. Then you can slide the piece right off, over the handle.

Hi Lexucan,

Thanks so much I figured there had to be something hidden behind. I will give it a try tomorrow since we are getting Vancouver weather here today.

Hi Lexucan,

Thanks so much I figured there had to be something hidden behind. I will give it a try tomorrow since we are getting Vancouver weather here today.

Then you should be outside tackling it now. We've been getting nothing but sun and temps in the 30's for the last week and a half....lol