Navi In 2006 Rx330 - Voice Commands?

Gretchen333

Hi everyone! This is my first post, as I don't own my RX330 YET - but hopefully next week (as soon as I sell my Mazda!).

I have a question about the Navi in the 2006 RX330. It is "voice activated." Does that mean I can actually SPEAK the name of the street address or do I have to push buttons to enter that in? I was very disappointed to find out that although the Acura MDX that I test drove did have voice commands for everything from ATM's to McDonald's locations, you can not speak the address you want to go to. As a Realtor, I really don't want to have to stop and type in an address after each house. My boyfriend's Infiniti M35X has this voice feature and it is fabulous!! (But I do NOT like the Infiniti SUV!)

So please oh please tell me that the Lexus RX330 has this feature? If not, I might just buy one without the Navi and buy a Garmin or something that will do this.

Thank you!! :) I will hopefully be back soon to talk about my new Lexus!

Gretchen in Nashville :)

It is "voice activated." Does that mean I can actually SPEAK the name of the street address or do I have to push buttons to enter that in?

23 views and no answer? Does no one have the Navi?

I realize many forums have their regulars and their forum etiquette, I hope I've not offended someone somehow. I just want to know if the Navi has this feature or not. I'm buying my Lexus at an auction (well, a dealer friend is buying it for me) and if it does not have this feature I will most likely buy one without the Navi and get an aftermarket. I would really appreciate some input from someone who already owns one. I can't wait to get mine!

Thank you.

It is "voice activated." Does that mean I can actually SPEAK the name of the street address or do I have to push buttons to enter that in?

23 views and no answer? Does no one have the Navi?

I realize many forums have their regulars and their forum etiquette, I hope I've not offended someone somehow. I just want to know if the Navi has this feature or not. I'm buying my Lexus at an auction (well, a dealer friend is buying it for me) and if it does not have this feature I will most likely buy one without the Navi and get an aftermarket. I would really appreciate some input from someone who already owns one. I can't wait to get mine!

Thank you.

Hi everyone! This is my first post, as I don't own my RX330 YET - but hopefully next week (as soon as I sell my Mazda!).

I have a question about the Navi in the 2006 RX330. It is "voice activated." Does that mean I can actually SPEAK the name of the street address or do I have to push buttons to enter that in? I was very disappointed to find out that although the Acura MDX that I test drove did have voice commands for everything from ATM's to McDonald's locations, you can not speak the address you want to go to. As a Realtor, I really don't want to have to stop and type in an address after each house. My boyfriend's Infiniti M35X has this voice feature and it is fabulous!! (But I do NOT like the Infiniti SUV!)

So please oh please tell me that the Lexus RX330 has this feature? If not, I might just buy one without the Navi and buy a Garmin or something that will do this.

Thank you!! :) I will hopefully be back soon to talk about my new Lexus!

Gretchen in Nashville :)

Hey Gretchen,

You have to check the car out yourself. I have a 2007 400h which is your same care but hybrid. My nav system stinks. It certainly does not do what you are dreaming of. I wish. It barely recognizes the simple voice commands, but in no instance can you speak a street address. The nav system in my car is the worst I have ever had, and the dealer admited to me that it was not the most user friendly. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...