Crashed My 01 Is300, Know Were I Can Get Some Cheap Parts?

Hi! I got into an accident the other day with my 2001 Lexus IS300 and did a bit of damage to the front. My X bought me the car, and didnt tell me he took the insurance off when we broke up 2 months ago!!! Im basically screwed when it comes to inspection next month.. if anyone could tell me were i could get cheap parts, like a new hood, grill exc please let me know!! Used would be great to if your selling! I live in NH but am willing to take a trip.. thanks!!!

Hi! I got into an accident the other day with my 2001 Lexus IS300 and did a bit of damage to the front. My X bought me the car, and didnt tell me he took the insurance off when we broke up 2 months ago!!! Im basically screwed when it comes to inspection next month.. if anyone could tell me were i could get cheap parts, like a new hood, grill exc please let me know!! Used would be great to if your selling! I live in NH but am willing to take a trip.. thanks!!!

Cant really help you with parts, but kind of wonder what Princesschrissy looks like. Even an ebay search just gives after market parts for the front end of your car. Carbon fibre everything but that costs big bucks, with no insurance you are basicly screwed. Can you revalue the car to get the body shop to unwrinkle it? I mean can you refinance. I do not know what your bank thinks of you, but at five hundred bucks a headlight and thousand for a new front bumper, never mind air bags and interior trim it might be time to shop for a Camray. Front end damage is always a killer, pretty hard to find spare parts. It might be a really good time to give your baby a body kit. Think about a whole remake if you are going to spend a dime. Some of the urathane kits are pretty inexpensive compared to factory stock, they cost money to install and paint, but so do new bits. You might find that a nice body upgrade increases the retail value of your car. Depends on your local market.

I always reccomend the hot rod Chevy or Ford shops for body work. those fellows know a good quality car and seem to put brand loyalty onto the back shelf. With a Lex it is sort of like showing up at a hog shop on a Duccati. If you have a really good japanese shop in a back alley around where you live that works too. Just make sure that you have a clear understanding of what the shop plans to do, and how they plan on billing you. When I say a clear understanding, I mean do not walk off the lot with any fuzzy ideas. there is no charge for asking. I hate to say " dumb blond" questions. You must have a pure contract with the repair shop before they start work. This includes the lex dealer, or your brothers pal. A Pure contract is a contract that you completly understand. If that means you have to stamp your pumps in the parking lot a couple of times to be understood or to understand so be it. If you get really frustraited before any work has started it might be time to find another shop. I can not empthasize the importance of your contract with the shop. If you are afraid of this kind of negotiation get some help. Mechanics are $90 bucks an hour, just hire a Volvo guy to take your car in, He is like the Maytag repair man anyway No vested interest but good skills, You pay him an hours wages to make sure you do not get ripped off blind

I wish you good luck, just be smart. Oh yeah, send Photos.

Cant really help you with parts, but kind of wonder what Princesschrissy looks like. Even an ebay search just gives after market parts for the front end of your car. Carbon fibre everything but that costs big bucks, with no insurance you are basicly screwed. Can you revalue the car to get the body shop to unwrinkle it? I mean can you refinance. I do not know what your bank thinks of you, but at five hundred bucks a headlight and thousand for a new front bumper, never mind air bags and interior trim it might be time to shop for a Camray. Front end damage is always a killer, pretty hard to find spare parts. It might be a really good time to give your baby a body kit. Think about a whole remake if you are going to spend a dime. Some of the urathane kits are pretty inexpensive compared to factory stock, they cost money to install and paint, but so do new bits. You might find that a nice body upgrade increases the retail value of your car. Depends on your local market.

I always reccomend the hot rod Chevy or Ford shops for body work. those fellows know a good quality car and seem to put brand loyalty onto the back shelf. With a Lex it is sort of like showing up at a hog shop on a Duccati. If you have a really good japanese shop in a back alley around where you live that works too. Just make sure that you have a clear understanding of what the shop plans to do, and how they plan on billing you. When I say a clear understanding, I mean do not walk off the lot with any fuzzy ideas. there is no charge for asking. I hate to say " dumb blond" questions. You must have a pure contract with the repair shop before they start work. This includes the lex dealer, or your brothers pal. A Pure contract is a contract that you completly understand. If that means you have to stamp your pumps in the parking lot a couple of times to be understood or to understand so be it. If you get really frustraited before any work has started it might be time to find another shop. I can not empthasize the importance of your contract with the shop. If you are afraid of this kind of negotiation get some help. Mechanics are $90 bucks an hour, just hire a Volvo guy to take your car in, He is like the Maytag repair man anyway No vested interest but good skills, You pay him an hours wages to make sure you do not get ripped off blind

I wish you good luck, just be smart. Oh yeah, send Photos.

I mean send photos of your car crunch.