Upshifting At Lower Revs

I've searched this forum to find whether somebody had experienced similar issues, and all I've been able to find is that people are having the opposite kind of problems (my luck).

My problem is that the car ('00 ES300, 310,000KM) is upshifting at much lower revs than usual. Just to rule out the driving habits - they have not changed at all. Up until a few days ago, the car would go into the next gear when the tach would read between 2000-3000rpm. However, now, it is doing it at less than 2000. Sometimes, it will reach 4th gear (O/D) at about 55-60km/h (way too low). Also, it may sound weird, but it almost feels like the engine is vibrating in a different way. So far, check engine light hadn't turned on.

Once I hit usual highway speed (120km/h), I can see that the car is operating at the standard 2600-2700RPM (so the tachometer is working fine).

Finally, when stopped and in Drive it is operating at around 750RMP (again, normal).

Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks