Front Lower Control Arm Bent Repair Cost

Hello fellow Lexus owners,

We have Lexus ES330, three years old, only drove 10k, recently we found out the steering wheel has to be on left a little in order to drive straight. We took the car to the dealer, they told us that the front lower control arm was bent. In order to fix that, it will cost more than $2000 plus the tires were worn out, left wheel damaged.

I would like to get opinions from you why this could happen. We do not remember to hit curbs or anything.

We are in Portland OR area, do you know any good repair shops which are cheaper doing this kind of repair?

Thanks,

Charlie

Hey Charlie,

I'm guessing you are the original owner, right? Has the car ever been out of your possession (valet, etc.)? I don't think something like a bent control arm can come from anything other than damage from driving over something solid, for that is a very strange form of damage. If your wheel hit something, it should damage the ball joints, steering arm assembly and other before the control arm, especially with bushings in the control arm that take a lot of the serious brunt impact.

I'm in the PDX area and have always taken our vehicles to Todd's Import Automotive over there in Lake-O (off Pilkington). Todd's is on our corporate (Nike) site as a preferred vendor, and I have to say I have never been more impressed with an honest, upfront, reputable shop like theirs. Todd Weedman is the owner and deals with customers directly on repairs, and Elmer (who coordinates everything) is a straight-shooting guy. They are very skilled and will give you the most honest and fair evaluation you'll find anywhere. Here's their site: http://www.toddsimport.com/

Hey Charlie,

I'm guessing you are the original owner, right? Has the car ever been out of your possession (valet, etc.)? I don't think something like a bent control arm can come from anything other than damage from driving over something solid, for that is a very strange form of damage. If your wheel hit something, it should damage the ball joints, steering arm assembly and other before the control arm, especially with bushings in the control arm that take a lot of the serious brunt impact.

I'm in the PDX area and have always taken our vehicles to Todd's Import Automotive over there in Lake-O (off Pilkington). Todd's is on our corporate (Nike) site as a preferred vendor, and I have to say I have never been more impressed with an honest, upfront, reputable shop like theirs. Todd Weedman is the owner and deals with customers directly on repairs, and Elmer (who coordinates everything) is a straight-shooting guy. They are very skilled and will give you the most honest and fair evaluation you'll find anywhere. Here's their site: http://www.toddsimport.com/