1999 Ls400 In Wreck - Check Engine And Vsc Light

bamamom

In January my front left end was clipped by a school bus. The car was in a certified Lexus body shop for about 5 weeks. I got the car back on a Friday afternoon and within 30 minutes the Check Engine and VSC lights turned on and the display said VSC Off. I took it back to the body shop they got the lights off and ran it saying it was not wreck related. The ligths came back on 24 hours later after I picked it up. Then they stayed on for a while. The other day it turned off for a day then came back on the next day. I got Autozone to run the codes while they were on and they said P1349 and P1354. The lights are currently off but will probably come back on. I am looking for suggestions as to what is really wrong and what I need to do.

Welcome to the forum bamamom. Sorry to hear about your car.

Try entering your codes into the search field (lower corner of main page) to find other posts listing them. Here is one such post:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=44742

I hope it helps.

Thanks for the information. I had my husband read that piece from the site you sent me. Have a good weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
In January my front left end was clipped by a school bus. The car was in a certified Lexus body shop for about 5 weeks. I got the car back on a Friday afternoon and within 30 minutes the Check Engine and VSC lights turned on and the display said VSC Off. I took it back to the body shop they got the lights off and ran it saying it was not wreck related. The ligths came back on 24 hours later after I picked it up. Then they stayed on for a while. The other day it turned off for a day then came back on the next day. I got Autozone to run the codes while they were on and they said P1349 and P1354. The lights are currently off but will probably come back on. I am looking for suggestions as to what is really wrong and what I need to do.

Could be many causes for those codes:

VVT system controls the intake valve timing to proper timing in response to driving condition. ECM controls Oil Control Valve (OCV) to make the intake valve timing properly, and oil pressure controlled with OCV is supplied to the VVT controller, and then VVT controller changes relative position between the camshaft and the crankshaft.

post-89722-1237731786_thumb.png