Dash Board Lights Turning Black

Seethala

Hello Friends,

I have a Lexsus Es 300, 1994. It has 155K. I am driving it for last 2 years. I am going to give brief description of the car shape before my problem.

It is in good shape. It is going nicely and smoothly. It has a six disc changer at back, which used to work intermittenmtly for some time now it stopped working completely. Horn wont work. Light on the disc changer will turn on so I thought it is a problem related to disc changer itself. It used to give problems like, not turning on intemittently, at that it gave a cranking sound, I used to give rest for 15minutes and turned on; it used to start. Later I started using the carburator claning liquid into the gas tank, since then I didnt encounter this problem less than 1 time.

Here is my problem:

When I turned on my car, My dash board speedometer indicator, heat indicator, fuel indicator will be red. after 10minutes drive they will turn black, and flicker. If I stoped my car for 30minutes it will go back to red and whole problem will start. This problem intially started while I drove for a long distance, I checked my coolant, and all other fluids and they are normal.

My LCD display for the time, mode of air will be black one half intially and later it will be changed to regular after some time.

It is giving me a gas milage of 15-16 miles/gallon. all the oil changes are at the right time, I am trying for tune-up to improve milage, timing belt has changed less than 30k miles back.

I hope I gave you enough of information.