Interested In A Few Tweaks I Think

byacs

Hey Everyone.

I'm looking to do some stuff to my clean, still stock 97 es300.

I have searched and read here...but i have several cross topics...so i'm just posting my ramblings here.

I'd like to get some bigger wheels/tires.

From what i've seen...anything 18" and up starts needing a drop to get the look i like...which i won't bother with. (dropping)

I'm pretty sure i'm going with 17 or 18"...nice low profile tires...and as wide as i can get without being stupid.

I like wide tires...thats the goal. I'm happy with my stock chrome lexus wheels...for the most part....i do want noticeably wider tires...but the appearance of a normal nicer sedan.

I haven't found the deal or wheels to make me pounce yet....but i need tires now...so have to make up my mind.

If you have pics of your car ...and it's in this range...etc...i'd LOVE to see em. TireRack and all those are good for trying to pick rims...but i can't get a good feel for width and wheel well...etc.

I'd love to see some pics of black with black rims. Hard to do right..but bad !Removed! when its right....IMO.

I read something here about removing the amber lens in my tail lights...baking it to loosen etc. Is that really necessary...sounds/looks like a pain.

Not sure i even like that clear look when i've seen it...its ok i guess....but i'm lazy. hehe Can i throw some aftermarkets in there that look cool and be done with it?

I also read about a sway bar? If it's not too expensive and makes a difference. I'd be interested in tighter handling if not a major ordeal...for sure.

I'm also looking to get something to patch my ipod directly into the stock stereo. I saw a post or two here...but haven't narrowed it down to model yet...wasn't sure about my year model.

I don't care about readouts...my stereo doesn't really offer much...i just want a straight line level without fm transmitter lameness. No fancy dock etc...just a straight shot.

Anybody ever black out the chrome trim around the side windows etc?

Appreciate any advice or insight...etc. Thx

post-79498-1233855603_thumb.jpg